Did you know your current lifestyle could be the reason for sleep disorders such as sleep apnea? Even what may seem like unrelated conditions, such as TMD, it could be the cause of your sleep apnea. Protect your airways from potential malfunction while asleep. Here are some simple tips about how to minimize your risks for sleep apnea:
– Your body’s position as you sleep could disturb your risk for obstructed airways and sleep apnea.
– Sleep apnea is commonly seen in individuals who snore while asleep.
– If you struggle with temporomandibular disorders, also called TMDs, you could be at an increased risk for sleep apnea.
– Sleep apnea is frequently found in men over the age of 40.
– Large tonsils, susceptible genetics, a deviated septum, and several allergies are all risks for sleep apnea that you may have no control over.
– If you are overweight, you are at an elevated risk for sleep apnea.
If left unchecked, sleep apnea could cause or increase your risk for diabetes, ADD, ADHD, mood swings, depression, high blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks, and even death. For an oral exam at Alluring Smiles, LLC to check for sleep apnea, and any treatments you may need, please contact Dr. Maria Hayes at our dentist office in Gaithersburg, Maryland, by calling 301-637-6155. We look forward to guarding your oral health and helping you achieve the quality of sleep you desire.